Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Family’s One less Worry



Finally I sold my two wheels, my scooter, Sym Jet 100. I bought it new in 2000 at a cost of P45,000. Odometer registered 18,043 kilometers on it. There were lots of repairs and maintenance that were done. The main battery was replaced twice. I had the muffler overhauled twice, too. I replaced the brakes five times. And lately at the time I sold it, the auto start shut down, I had to manual start it. The used to be loud high pitch horn surrendered its volume. The shiny waxed paint had faded and lost its appeal. And the right tail light cracked due to getting bumped by passersby.

I sold it for P20,000 from an annoying buyer that after the sale transaction, kept bugging and begging me for another P1,000 discount harassing with text messages that lasted three days.

It has become so risky driving a two wheel transport in my area. The narrow streets, congested traffic, lots of passerby, too many standbys, and the commuters’ attitude towards each other. The thought of being too prone to accidents has been a worrisome that I decided to sell it.

I am going to miss the scooter, my main companion for the last five years commuting between home and business. I have to get rid of it for heaven’s sake and rather be safe, that I stopped driving it for awhile....
A one less worry from the family.

No comments: