Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Frugal Way of Communicating With My Love One

Other than regular email and post office letters, these medium of communicating with my hubby has been a part of my daily life:






Text messages – we use Smart for sending text messages. My hubby carries with him two cellphones. One with the local number here and has been set up for international roaming. This is the cell number where I send text messages and cost to me is only P1.00. Every two or three months I have to load his cell for the minimum amount. In this case, the Smart will not disconnect his roaming number. The other cellphone is his regular cell he carries with him at his job. This is where he sends his response to me. His text messages cost him approx. $.25 per text.



Yahoo messenger – this is our regular way of chatting.




Skype – a lot better for voice chatting, clearer webcam and way faster in sending large files.




Chikka Text – we seldom use this kind, only when he is online and wants to send text messages to me. For us to continually use it, I have to reply thru Chikka text after three free messages and it cost me P2.50 per text.

We are quite satisfy with this system, and of course as you had experienced, too, during holiday season were receiving text messages are delayed sometimes for an hour, often disconnections on chats, and intermittent voice chats.
I am still looking for other free alternatives if not cheaper ones... I do not even recall if we ever resorted to phone cards.
So, goodbye phonecards and expensive land line charges, hello internet!

No comments: