Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Simple Way of Improving One's Health

I’m in my mid thirties, pretending to be in shape, with a curvy shape, for a quick look, but a little extra padding in front of me. As I get older, I have notice that I am not only gaining weight, with my shoulder arms keeps growing and more eye bugs in the morning. The more I stare at the mirror the more I feel uncomfortable. Every now and then I feel my physical well being is slowly deteriorating. Why did I say that? When the clock rings in the morning I tend not to get up. And when I do, it feels like I am falling apart, a crack in my back, a pain in my lower joints, a fainting headache as I stand up for a walk. I’m stress out for no apparent reason, and unable to sleep. With my previous routine, where waking up late after watching late night shows, and surfing the net, rushing up in the morning, smelling the aroma of that fresh coffee to dip that pandesal, and speeding up my motorbike to auto supply to beat that 9 o’clock tick. There, I would get stuck in my chair with the internet and phone buried in front of me for hours. Or sometimes laying out in my couch listening to those sleepy tunes. The only time I get out of my chair was when a customer knocks in.

Lately, I decided to change my course. I have to do something before it gets worst. I was reading some health magazines and found out that with an extra time and a little effort, we can make a difference, physically and mentally.

Like staying outside for at least an hour a day helps us boost out health. Health experts state that just being outside brings a welcome calm and perspective to our busy lives.

By becoming active. Thirty to sixty minutes of activity per day is good enough. Good health depends on daily exercise. So jump on that stationary bike or do the exercise of your choice, and watch our mood goes up, our stress decrease, and maintain our weight.

What about getting enough sleep. Sleep is as important to feeling great as diet and exercise. So if you feel tired, take a nap. Also, try and set up your bedtime as a relaxing time. Sleep helps rejuvenate our body and plays a crucial role in our health.

Relax our mind. Many experts suggest we should meditate for at least ten minutes a day to help beat stress. If you don’t like to meditate, find a quiet place to relax.

Eating a healthy diet by incorporating the “5 a day rule” of fruits and vegetables to ensure we receive essential nutrients, think of our body like a high performance vehicle having a quality fuel will prevent as from breaking down.

No comments: